The former monastery of Notre Dame du Sacré Cœur was founded in 1711 and was home to Augustinian choir women who primarily looked after girls' schooling. The monastery building was built by Benedikt Ettl in 1712-1716, the church building (1719-1721) was planned by Gabriel de Gabriele, the frescoes by Johann Georg Bergmüller. The architectural highlight is the magnificent baroque dome with its colorful ceiling painting. The round church interior is adorned by numerous balconies on all sides.
After the abolition of the monastery by secularization, the equipment was sold. The high altar has probably not survived, the two side altars are in the church of Arnsberg, the magnificent pulpit is in Pfünz. After extensive repair and restoration work in the 20th century, the building now houses the Altmühltal Nature Park information center.