The festival hall facing the Court Garden was realized by Johann Evangelist Holzer between 1736 – 1738. The so-called Holzer Hall is located in the central building of the former Prince-Bishop’s Summer Residence, which today belongs to the buildings of the Catholic University of Eichstätt-Ingolstadt. The “Summer House with Garden and Accessories” (the inscription above the portal in Osten Street) was laid out at the behest of Prince-Bishop Franz Ludwig von Castell in 1735. During the following years the buildings and the garden were further expanded. The layout of the pavilion in the Court Garden was completed by Maurizio Pedetti around 1780.
The garden has belonged to the city of Eichstätt since 1871. Since 1974 the castle buildings have housed the central administration of the Catholic University.
Translated from the German by Lucy Hallman Russell and Ray Carson Russell
A short video about the university of Eichstätt-Ingolstadt:
Saturday, 11 May 2019, 4:00 p.m.: »Für den Lobkowitz« (JOOOYO Quartett)
Sunday, 12 May 2019, 6:00 p.m.: »La viole luthée« (Paolo Pandolfo & Thomas C. Boysen)
Kath. Universität Eichstätt-Ingolstadt